Fifteen Hour Spine Immersion
for Teachers and Students
This fifteen hour series explores yoga and applied anatomy: how yoga can help the spine, theory and practice, as well as postural analysis for each student.
Students will receive an overview of the physiology of how properly applied yoga helps the spine, how the spine is impacted by daily life, and a special yoga routine for the spine.
From this foundation, students will move into experiencing elongation and natural curves of the spine.
Students will learn how to create length in the spine and to protect the vertebral column and organs.
We will be experiencing applied anatomy and looking at the spine as well as practicing yoga to understand the effect of gravity and mechanics.
Students will find a new sense of space, alignment, and length in their spine and pelvis.
Themes (as time allows) include:
- Experiential Anatomy: Understanding Standing, Walking, into Standing
- Poses, Forward Bends, and Backbends
- Yoga for the Lower Lumbar Spine, Sacrum and Pelvis
- Protecting your Spine in the World
- Upper Back, and Spinal Curves
- Yoga for Thoracic, and Cervical Spine: Back bends that feel fabulous and
- heal the spine.
- Yoga for Scoliosis – Theory and Practice
“I absolutely loved the spinal immersion workshop! I am using many of the exercises in my classes every day, even subtle things like language cues for the body. The lessons learned in 16 hours were invaluable, and have become part of the fabric of my teaching and personal practice. Such a pleasure to be working with someone who so clearly is living her life’s purpose.”
– Catherine Mattice, Yoga Instructor –